Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Welcome to my world

Hey everyone. Just thought I'd share some thoughts today. Diane and I are about 3 weeks away from being grandparents. We are so excited except that Stephen and Jen now reside in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Stephen's pursuing his PhD in Bio Informatics. No, I can't explain that! Just know how proud we are of him. Jen's going to be an awesome mom. Their apt is just about set up an is really nice. It will be Elizabeth Joy's first home. We're going over in August at the birth. I'm putty already.

Ryan's in Waco this summer and working at Jamba Juice. I'm so proud of him. He's doing a great job. In fact, they've promoted him to an assistant manager position. He's hoping he can continue to work there next year during school. He's going to be senior at Baylor (Sic 'em Bears!). Hard to believe.

Diane and I are doing well. She's had some back problems so we'd appreciate any and all prayers. I'm still leading worship at Prestonwood Baptist Church's North Campus in Prosper, Texas which is in the far north Dallas area. You can see in the picture our new choir and praise team and the band which we call the Northern Light Worship Band. They are amazing.

Well, that's all for now. Let me hear from you. Oh, we'll be posting lots of baby pictures here. I'm already obnoxious.

God Bless,
Chris

3 comments:

Two Bushes and Two Shrubs said...

Great blog, Dad! This will be a fun way to keep everyone up to date on you guys! Love you!

Jen McCrady said...

Hi Mr. Machen! So glad you have a blog...and I'm so excited that you and Diane will be grandparents soon! So fun! :) Happy blogging!

Arizona Boy said...

hey Jen & Ryan. Hope you guys are doing well. sure had fun at your wedding! what a blast. come see us sometime. oh, you can call me Chris now if you'd like

Chris