Friday, July 25, 2008

My Little Tar Heel



So here is Elizabeth Joy Bush, my little Tar Heel-born at University of North Carolina's Children's Hospital. She was born at 3am EST and came in at 7lbs. 15oz. and 20 1/2 in. Every finger and toe in place. They had an anxious moment when her shoulder couldn't make it through, but the doctors and nurses acted very quickly and EJ made it fine. Both She and Jennifer are doing fine. Of course, Jennifer is very tired and sore, but very joyful and happy.

As for Diane and me, we are already hooked. In fact, I'm toast. I've already asked Elizabeth what color of BMW she would like. No answer yet. Seriously, we're so thrilled and thankful to the Lord. He has been gracious to the Bushes and Machens.

Diane and I got word at 3:30pm CST yesterday that Jen was going into labor. Elizabeth ended up being 8 days early, but no problems and very healthy. Anyway, Diane and I had to hustle. We still had painters and sprinkler system guys working at our house. We had to wash clothes, change plane, hotel & car reservations. We weren't planning on going till late next week. We were blessed to be able to adjust our schedule and not be charged any more for tickets. Anyway, I could go on, but I'll shut down for now. I will say, there is nothing like holding your grand child. Everyone was right.

Keep checking back for more pics, if you can stand me being so obnoxious. I know, I know, I'm always obnoxious.

We love you all.

Chris

1 comment:

Liesl said...

Keep the pictures coming!! She is adorable!!
I can't wait to meet her : )