Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Good Friends!

I was thinking the other day about how blessed I am with good friends. We can all say that, but I really mean it. I remember my Dad saying to me when I was a kid, "If you wind up with 2 or 3 good friends, close friends in your life, you'll be really blessed." He was right about that. But for some reason, the Lord has blessed me with far more good friends than 2 or 3.

I have friends from High School that I place in that category. Glen and Steve. True blue friends that even though we don't see each other often, we just pick up where we left off. I love them.

I have friends from my days at Baylor that are just as close as the day I met them. Brent and Sherry were the first two people I met on campus as an 18 year old freshman. Sherry talked Diane into going out with me. (actually she chided me into not being a coward and asking her out) Brent and I share the love of music and worship together. Their daughter, Liesl, was Jennifer's roommate at Baylor. She introduced Jen to Stephen. Brent and Sherry are on the ministry board of Worship to the World. We've been in Europe and Asia together on mission trips. Our lives are really divinely intertwined. We love them.

Mike & Beth, Gary & Teri are wonderful friends that the Lord brought into our lives via our church years ago. They are friends who love and encourage us in ways too numerous to name. They give Godly counsel and prayer support. They are friends with whom we can be completely ourselves. We love them all.

I married my very best friend. Funny! Diane and I met in a singing group and have been singing together ever since. We actually became close friends, but did not date because we both were dating other people. When that ended (yeah, we both got dumped) the Lord brought us together. We'd been such good friends and then we fell in love. Now we still get to enjoy our friendship. I can't imagine life without her. I treasure our time together. Almost 31 years married and she's still my best friend. She knows everything about me and still loves me. I love her.

Remind you of anyone? Jesus knows all about me/us and loves anyway. Deep, Strong, Forgiving, Everlasting. He said, "I no longer call you slaves, but I call you friends." Inconceivable! But He does. What a friend we have in Jesus! I love Him, with all my heart!

Be blessed and remember...God Still Moves,

Chris

No comments: