Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Let It Rise

You may know the worship song Let It Rise by Holland Davis. "Let the Glory of the Lord rise among us..." Holland wrote a book that I bought several months ago, but am just now reading. Very excellent thoughts on worship. It's a quick read and worth the time. Let me quote a section:

Worship isn't about SELF expression or musicianship. Worship isn't about having our personal needs met as we encounter GOD's presence. It isn't about what I get out of it. Worship is about seeing the KING and responding appropriately. It is revelation and response. God reveals himself, and we respond.


Holland based this on Isa. 6:1-8. Take a look. I'm always struck by this scene. Isaiah gets caught up to the throne room of heaven, is so overwhelmed and confronted by his own sin and the sin of his people that he just cries out "woe is me." He finds forgiveness and he's changed by being the presence of God's holiness. That's what worship is. Being changed by a real encounter with God. We can't help but be different if we get to that place. And the response: WORSHIP AND SERVICE!

Hey, have a great day! Love to all

Chris

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad Let It Rise: A Manual For Worship was helpful to you!!!

Blessings..

Holland Davis

Arizona Boy said...

Wow, Holland. Didn't know you would stumble across this. Thanks for blessing me. I started using it as a devotional guide for our team last night. Got a great discussion going.