Thursday, September 4, 2008

Yard of the Month

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness self-control; against such things there is no law. GAL 5:22-23

A few nights ago I was watching season two of the show 24 (best show ever-except for Gilligan’s Island) and I heard Diane come in from outside and yelling, “Honey, I need you for a minute.” Well, I thought this better be good to tear me away from Jack Bauer blowing some bad guy away. She took me to the street to look back at a sign that had been stuck in our front yard. YARD OF THE MONTH! We had to laugh because we’ve been in this house and neighborhood for over 15 years. We waited patiently and finally, we received our reward. BIG WHOOP!

I really wish the list of the fruit of the spirit didn’t include that ugly “patience” word. I don’t have much of it. I want to know right now, this instant what God’s plans for me are. Wanting to be able to plan my own life is more like it. We have to wait on the Lord as Is. 40:31 says. But I must admit I’m not very good at it. It's sort of like waiting for the honey to come out of the jar to go on your sopapillas. Yum! (sorry, Tex-Mex humor) PATIENCE TAKES TOO MUCH...PATIENCE!

Silly I know, but remember…wait on the Lord. He’s always on time!

Ya’ll are the best! -Chris

No comments: