Tuesday, September 23, 2008





The righteous flourish lie the palm tree and grow like a cedar in Lebanon. They are planted in the house of the Lord; they flourish in the courts of our God. They still bear fruit in old age; they are ever full of sap and green, to declare that the Lord is upright; He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him Ps. 92:12-15

I was watching coverage of Hurricane Ike, like many were last week. I don’t know what it is about me, but I notice odd things: maybe because I’m odd to begin with. The cameras were panning a part of Galveston beach. You could see buildings knocked down, debris flying around and the rain being blow absolutely sideways. Then a palm tree came into sight. The wind was relentless, yet, there stood this palm tree being blown, but not blown down. He was just standing there minding his own business doing what palm trees do.

In a strange coincidence, (yeah, right) the Lord led me to this passage. That palm tree had probably been there for years and years, seen many strong storms, and yet, he still stood his ground not bothered by this storm either. It was as if I heard the Lord say, “Hey, old sap (Diane often calls me that) keep on going. I’m not done with you, yet.”
Let’s all keep going for the Lord until He plants us in His courts…in Heaven.

Love to all -Chris

p.s. Is this the most amazing baby ever? Go Eli!

No comments: