Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Gotta Take Your Bath




For those of you checking in to see if we've been posting new pictures, we finally have some. One as you can see is from Elizabeth's first bath. She doesn't like being cold and naked. Me either for that matter.

There must be a spiritual application! Oh, yeah! Truth is, there are many things in life that are unpleasant and unsettling. Seems like we shouldn't have to go through them. "Lord, I'm trying to be faithful here. What's up with this? Are you mad at me?" No, He's not. Sometimes when we go through the trials of life (and we all face them and will continue to face them) and it stinks and doesn't make sense.

That's when we have to go back to the things that DO make sense, back to the things that we know, the things about the Lord that will never change. He loves me! He created me for a purpose! He wants me to worship Him, acknowledge Him as my soul sustainer and provider. His Word can be believed. His mercy is new every morning. He is sovereign. HE'S IN CONTROL!

You might guess that I'm dealing with these very issues. But I know, HE IS LORD! My task is to trust Him in every situation and even if it's unpleasant and unsettling, it's for my good. Rom. 8:28. Read it again. It is very comforting.

Love you all. Be blessed. We have a Friend in Jesus!

Chris

1 comment:

Two Bushes and Two Shrubs said...

Dad, you're great at taking your personal experiences and turning them into Godly words. You know, even though the words in your blog aren't necessarily lyrics in a song; they have their own music...and they glorify the Lord and encourage others in their own way. Thanks for sharing!